8.2.13

Things I've Done: January

I meant to do this on February 1st, but I couldn't squeeze it into my busy YouTube-watching writing schedule. I'd like to make a habit of listing my menial monthly accomplishments not only to shore up my self-esteem, but also for posterity (but mostly for the self-esteem). Here's a list of things I did in Janurary.


  • Finished editing my sci-fi novel.
  • Began an outline for a new sci-fi/horror novel.
  • Constructed the most beautiful spreadsheet in history to keep up with the ever-growing list of literary magazines that might publish my short fiction/poems. Seriously, it's a work of art. Mr. Excel would weep proud tears of honor if he saw it.
  • Quit smoking.
  • Started smoking.
  • Quit smoking.
  • Raided my grandma's vintage pattern collection. My dream of dressing like Joan from Mad Men inches toward reality.
  • Realized that I am not a size 8 by 1963 measurements.
  • Fashioned a mostly functional skirt, hemmed the sleeves of a cute jacket, and cut out the pieces for another skirt. My dream of sewing all my own clothes inches toward reality.
  • Convinced my mother to look for travel nursing jobs in California (finally, finally, finally!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment